Latest News, Spring 2015
- We are proud to announce that Arts Council England is supporting Strung Out, WAM and its members to continue performing live for a third consecutive year. We are looking forward to performing in 3 live events this summer, two of which are below. We would like to say a huge thank you for the continued financial support from the Arts Council for WAM.
- Jyotsna Srikanth has been commissioned by Strung Out and WAM to create a composition for our live performances this year. We are extremely excited to have her on board and to be working with such a talented artist.
- BBC is organising a nationwide celebration to celebrate music on Friday 5th June. It’s the very first BBC Music Day and WAM are excited to be part of this project and perform live at Walthamstow Town Square, 7-8 pm So PLEASE COME AND JOIN US!
- WAM will also perform for the second year in a row at Walthamstow Garden Party, produced by Create and The Barbican. The performance will take place at 3 pm. Come along and enjoy great performances all day long for free.
- The Smiling Sessions are now in partnership with NHS North East London Foundation Trust (NELFT) and the London Borough of Redbridge. We are happy to be able to reach more people and with other organisations that support their community.
- We are excited to announce that our Artistic Director Alison Jones will MC the launch party of the E17 Arts Trail taking place on 29th May 2015.
- A huge congratulations to our General Manager, Violaine who gave birth to a beautiful baby boy a few days ago. We are all so happy for Violaine and we wish her the very best.
- We want to welcome Katie Butler as our new Associate Artist. Kate has been working with us as a volunteer and has shown her commitment and passion for music and her dedication to Shapeshifter Productions. Welcome on board Kate!
- We have redesigned our website to make it more user friendly and easily navigable. This tireless redesign has been all down to one of our volunteers , Dimitra Nikolakopoulou. Please take a look at what she has done, we hope you
Support us, support our community! Make a donation and your contribution will make an impact!